Rules & Scoring for 2021 Competition
1. Those choosing to enter the 2021 course competition must choose 1 of the following classes before entering the range:
-Freestyle (No limits on sights, stabilizers, peeps, etc.)
-Bowhunter (fixed pin sight, no magnification in sight or peep, total stabilizer length within 12" circumference of the of the riser)
-Traditional (recurve, longbow with no limits on sights, stabilizers, peeps, etc.)
-No Crossbows Allowed
2. Scorecards must be exchanged, totaled, signed, and submitted before leaving the course.
3. Scoring is as follows:
5 points: touching the body
8 points: touching or within the vitals
10 points: touching or within the 10 ring
12 points: touching or within the 12 ring located above and below 10 ring; upper or lower 12 must be called prior to the shot or it will not be awarded.
14 points: touching or within the 14 ring located within the vitals; 14 must be called prior to the shot or it will not be awarded.
X: touching or within the X ring located in the center of the 10 ring; X's are used for tiebreakers and scored as 10 = no extra points awarded for X.
4. Shooters will have 2 minutes to shoot from each shooting line; time begins once the shooter straddles the line.
5. If shooters cannot agree on an arrow call, they may appeal to a range worker for official scoring; the call of the
range worker is official and final. Arguments, disputes, or belligerent behavior of any kind will result in immediate removal from the course.
6. Range is open during good weather and/ or until it is too dark to operate safely and will close at the discretion of the range workers. All shooting and scoring must be complete by the time the range closes; there is no continuation. Range officials will give a 10 minute warning (when possible) to all shooters before the range closes. In the event of severe weather a 10 minute warning may not be possible and will result in the range closing immediately.
7. At the end of your round, please turn signed score cards in at the booth. Your score will be entered into the season rankings and at the end of the season the top score in each class will be declared the class champion and a prize will be awarded to each class champion.